The “Made in NY” Production Assistant Training Program helps low-income New Yorkers get their foot in the door of the dynamic world of film and television.
Production Assistants (PAs) work on set and on location for film, television, commercial, and music video productions. Almost everyone in the industry starts out as a PA. The “Made in NY” Production Assistant Training Program helps low-income New Yorkers get started in this exciting field!
The program is five weeks long, full-time, with homework and occasional evening sessions. Participants who successfully complete the program receive two years of job placement assistance, career counseling, and support as they work their way up the ladder.
Applying is a highly competitive process. The following are the core eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license (Those without a driver’s license are still welcome to apply. We can aid you in obtaining your license free of charge.)
- Current New York City resident, living within one of the five boroughs of NYC and able to prove residency of at least six months
- Unemployed or low-income
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S
- Available full-time and able to attend training Monday through Friday
- Able to make a two-year commitment to working in the industry
- Available after graduation to work freelance, on-call 12-14+ hours per day in TV/film production
5 weeks, full-time
Attend an information session to learn more about the program and fill out an application.