Career and educational support for young people
NeON Works by NYC Department of Probation (DOP) and NYC Young Men's Initiative (YMI)
Help with finding work, High school diploma or equivalency (HSE or GED) prep, Internship or short-term job, Training for a new job
Justice-impacted individuals, Low-income New Yorkers, Out-of-school youth, Youth and young adults
No fixed amount of time, Schedule varies
Last updated on May 05, 2023
Youth 16-24 on probation or living in some neighborhoods can get a GED, get help applying for college, earn vocational certifications, or start a new career path.
Get individualized support to reach your goals. Join for one workshop or stay involved for up to a year. Work with staff and your peers to explore careers, earn certifications, or pursue your education while earning a stipend.
There are the eligibility requirements:
- Priority to people ages 16-24
- People on probation who live anywhere in NYC OR
- Residents in:
- East New York,
- Far Rockaway,
- Northern Staten Island and
- the South Bronx
- No educational requirements.
NeON Works is one-size-fits-one. The majority of programming is in-person and individuals can participate for up to a year.
- Sign Up: NeON Works accepts interest forms on a rolling basis. Sign up here to get connected to upcoming NeON Works opportunities near you!
- On Probation? Email [email protected] or speak with your PO to apply through a specific link.
- Join the Mailing List: Be among the first to know about new opportunities. Join the mailing list today.
- Check out the calendar: Find virtual and in person NeON Works events you can attend.