Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Apprentice Inspector (H&S) – HIQA
Public Safety, Inspections, ＆ Enforcement with NYC Department of Transportation (DOT)
$33,019 - $51,891
NYC All Boroughs
Last updated on Mar 29, 2023
The Department of Transportation’s (DOT) mission is to provide for the safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible movement of people and goods in the City of New York and to maintain and enhance the transportation infrastructure crucial to the economic vitality and quality of life of our primary customers, City residents. DOT is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse workforce in an open and inclusive environment.
The selected candidates will perform the following duties:
- respond to complaints regarding roadway defects,
- check building operations to ensure that contractors comply with DOT Rules and Regulations
- inspect all roadway/street openings made by utility companies, plumbers, contractors, and other agencies
- evaluate conditions and take appropriate action using Corrective Action Requests (CARs), Repair Orders and issuing Notices of Violation as needed
- properly route daily work and submit daily reports, forms and sketches; re-inspects Corrective Action Requests that have been corrected and verify actual conditions
- observe backfill and restorations on protected streets to ensure compliance with Local Law 14.
- Inspectors are required to search, inspect, log and maintain all field work created in the Dynamic Access System (DASH), using a tablet
- appear in court when necessary; operate a passenger vehicle and monitor vehicle mileage
- maintain field and office equipment and communication devices; perform related duties.
Must possess a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.