Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Digital Forensic Examiner
Technology, Data ＆ Innovation with Bronx District Attorney’s Office
$75,197 per year
Last updated on Apr 19, 2023
The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is seeking a well-qualified staff whose diverse backgrounds reflect an ability to serve the over 1.4 million members of the Bronx County community and pursue a safer Bronx through fair justice. The Digital Forensics Laboratory within the Strategic Enforcement and Intergovernmental Relations Division, provides support for the Bronx District Attorney’s Office by forensically analyzing various types of digital evidence including mobile devices, desktop and laptop computers, portable storage devices, as well as providing assistance in a variety of technology-related areas. Digital Forensic Examiners perform forensic analysis, document their process and findings, and testify in court.
- Perform forensic analysis of electronic devices including but not limited to mobile electronic devices such as cellular phones, tablets, GPS equipment, and traditional desktop, laptop, and hard drives.
- Disassemble, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware.
- Testify to findings in Grand Jury and Trial proceedings.
- Visit crime scenes.
- Participate in the execution of search warrants involving digital evidence, and retrieval and forensic examination of video surveillance footage.
- Perform case intake.
- Prepare new case files and chain of custody documentation, label evidence received by the Unit.
- Perform data entry functions by logging evidence into the Unit’s case tracking system.
- Image digital storage devices and conduct a forensic examination of recovered data.
- Extract data from cellular telephones and conduct a forensic examination of recovered data.
- Issue reports on forensic services.
- Testify on forensic analysis results.
- All other duties as assigned.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.