See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
College readiness for former SYEP participants
CareerReady WLG by NYC Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD)
Earning college credits or a degree, Internship or short-term job
Last updated on Apr 06, 2023
CareerReady WLG helps youth ages 16-19 to prepare for college and work.
The program helps you develop skills to transition from high school to college and the “real’ world. This includes:
- taking a course through CUNY to earn college credit
- career exploration to discover new careers
- getting help with your resume, cover letters, interview skills, and learning job readiness skills
- working a paid internship that’s aligned to your interests
You’re eligible for CareerReady WLG if you are:
- 16-19 years old as of October 10, 2022
- enrolled in one of the Career Ready WLG schools
- a participant of the 2022 SYEP Program
- a resident of one of the five boroughs of NYC
- legally allowed to work in the US
You will need internet access to participate.
23 weeks during the school year
Applications are closed for the 2022-2023 program. When applications open, you can apply online.
Suggest an update