See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
Tech job training and internships for CUNY students
CUNY Tech Prep by City University of New York (CUNY) and NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)
Internship or short-term job, Training for a new job
6 months or more, Daytime
Last updated on Mar 31, 2023
This year-long program offers CUNY computer science majors with hands-on skills training and connections to jobs.
CUNY Tech Prep is a year-long program for CUNY upper-level Computer Science majors. The program offers applied skills through projects in web development and data science. Participants get tech-specific career coaching and technical interview preparation.
CUNY Tech Prep also connects students to technical internships and full-time software engineering and related jobs. Most jobs start with a salary of at least $65,000 per year.
You’re eligible if you:
- are a Computer Science (or related) Undergraduate Major
- are graduating in Fall 2023 or later from one of 11 of the CUNY senior colleges with your Bachelor’s degree
- completed and passed coursework in Data Structures prior to the first semester of CTP
- are 18 years or older, do not make more than $50,000/yr as an individual, and are legally able to work in the U.S.
- have NOT participated in any other TTP-funded program
- The application has a full list of disqualifying TTP-funded programs.
To apply, complete the CTP 2023-2024 application.