See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
This eleven-month paid training program prepares young-adults to join the technical theater field.
Young adults 18-24 not enrolled in college can start a new career in technical theater and live performance. Through 11 months of paid training and an internship, the program teaches students the necessary safety and skill requirements. The program also provides two years of structured job placement and retention support.
You’re eligible for this program if you meet these requirements:
- Age 18-24 and not enrolled in college
- NYC resident
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Can work evenings and weekends
- Can lift 50 pounds
- Can work in an environment with darkness, loud noises, and strobe lights
- Are comfortable with heights and climbing
- Can problem solve, especially in potentially pressured situations
The program includes a six week essential skills boot camp, followed by 10 months of skills training. Enrollment begins in early spring.
Find the referral form here. Enrollment begins annually in the Spring, but you can reach out in December or January to learn more.