See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
Train for a technical theater career
Made in NY Stagecraft Bootcamp by NYC Mayor's Office of Media & Entertainment (MOME)
Help with finding work, Internship or short-term job, Training for a new job
Last updated 4 days ago
This eleven-month paid training program prepares young-adults to join the technical theater field.
Young adults 18-24 not enrolled in college can start a new technical theater career. Through 11 months of paid training and an internship, the program teaches students the necessary safety and skill requirements. The program also offers two years of structured job placement and retention support.
- Age 18-24 not enrolled in college
- NYC resident
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Work evenings and weekends
- Be able to lift 50lbs
- Work in an environment with darkness, loud noises, and strobe lights
- Be comfortable with heights and climbing
- Technical theatre requires the ability to problem solve, especially in potentially pressured situations
The program includes a six week essential skills boot camp, followed by 10 months of skills training. Enrollment begins in early spring.
Fill out the referral form. Enrollment begins every year in the spring, but you can reach out in ahead of time to learn more.