See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
If you’re having a hard time finding work because you’re blind or a severely visually impaired, you may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation.
The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Program offers guidance and counseling to help you find or keep your job. Vocational counselors work with you to develop a road map to your employment goals. Goals vary, and include:
- preparing for and finding a job
- continuing at a current workplace
- maintaining a household independently
To be eligible, you should meet these requirements:
- You have a disability (physical or mental impairment which must include legal blindness) that prevents you from working.
- You need vocational rehabilitation (VR) services to prepare for and find work.
If you think vocational rehabilitation can help you to find work, contact a district office near you.