See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
Get training in healthcare and complete an internship.
Phipps Neighborhoods works with Hostos Community College and Montefiore Medical Center to train and hire community members through our 10-week workforce development program. The program includes 3 weeks of in-class learning and 6 weeks of internship. After completing this free program, you’ll be offered interviews and opportunities for jobs as well as professional certifications.
- Earn up to $750 in stipends
- On-site internship training with our hospital partners
- Job readiness workshops curated for the healthcare industry
- In-program CPR / First Aid Certification
- Post-program certification opportunities at Hostos (PCT, CMA, MAA)
- Post-program job placement opportunities in the healthcare industry
To be eligible, you must:
- be age 18 – 30
- have an interest in healthcare
- possess a high school diploma or high school equivalency
- be able to pass a drug test by the start of the internship
- be able to pass a background check by the start of the internship
- be fully vaccinated
- be available Monday – Friday; 9 am – 4 pm
The program includes three weeks of in-class learning and six weeks of internship.
Complete the interest form. A Phipps Neighborhoods staff member will contact you with next steps.