Learn & Earn is a year-round program for high school juniors and seniors at risk of dropping out of school.
The program provides job skills training, career exploration, and employment services. Get help finishing high school, and get ready for education after high school. You can also participate in a paid six-week summer internship.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are 16-21 years old
- Are a NYC high school junior or senior
- Meet one of these requirements:
- You or someone in your household gets cash assistance or SNAP
- You are homeless
- You are in foster care
- If you have a disability, your own income (not your family’s) will be checked to see if you’re eligible for Learn & Earn.
- If you do not meet one of these requirements, Learn & Earn will look at your income to see if you are eligible.
Learn & Earn runs during after-school hours with some weekend, evening, and school break activities. The program runs for up to two years, with one year of follow up services.
Learn & Earn is an Equal Opportunity program. Individuals with disabilities can request auxiliary aids and services if needed.
Those with limited English skills can get services in their primary language.
Apply in September of each year.
Participants are typically recruited from the partner high schools that programs are located in.
You can also contact a Learn & Earn provider to apply.