This program helps unemployed New Yorkers who already have their Class D licenses to start new careers in commercial driving.
The program preps students to take the NYS Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) road test. It also helps graduates find a job driving school buses, coach buses, trucks, and more within a network of NYC employers.
To be eligible for this training program, you must:
- Must be unemployed
- 21 years or older
- Live in New York City and be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Obtain and submit a driver record from the DMV that must be less than 30 days old
- Able to attend training Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Absolutely no DWIs or DUIs
- Individuals with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
6 weeks, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm