This part-time program prepares adults age 17+ for their High School equivalency diploma test.
This program teaches reading, writing, math and critical thinking skills to people age 17+ who are trying to earn a High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma.
You can also get a national certification (Medical Billing/Assisting, ServSafe, and more) while working towards your HSE diploma.
There are different paths to earn your HSE diploma:
- taking preparation classes
- the National External Diploma Program (NEDP)
- using your NYS Regents scores to eliminate subjects on the GED exam
- Fast Track classes for those who only need one or two subjects to pass the exam
To be eligible, you should:
- be at least 17+
- attend a virtual information session
- participate in the enrollment assessment and orientation
Classes meet 6 hours each week for 10 to 11 week cycles. They’re held during the fall, winter, and spring.
- Day classes: Monday and Wednesday from 10am – 1pm
- Evening: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 6pm – 8 pm
- Saturday from 10am – 4pm
- Some classes are hybrid
Classes are provided in English or Spanish.